viagogo Industry Firsts
viagogo reinvented the European ticket resale market in 2006, and continues to lead the industry in technology and innovation. viagogo’s series of “industry firsts” includes:
- viagogo signs the first every secondary ticketing deal in France to become the official ticket exchange of the Roland-Garros and BNP Paribas Masters tennis tournaments.
- In another industry first, viagogo partners with Festival Republic, organiser of the Reading, Leeds and Latitude Festivals and with the Isle of Wight Festival to become their official secondary ticketing partner.
- viagogo forms a groundbreaking partnership with Madonna in which viagogo becomes the official secondary ticketing partner and official premium ticketing partner for Madonna’s Sticky & Sweet European Tour, marking the first ever partnership of its kind with a major concert tour.
- viagogo signs the first ever deal in the world between a secondary ticketing company and a major theatre producer, becoming the official Premium Ticketing Partner for Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Really Useful Group.
- viagogo partners with the New York Jets to offer fans the viagogo Victory Pass. This is the first ever official ticket futures partnership in the National Football League.
- In a landmark partnership, viagogo signs the first ever secondary ticketing deal in Germany to become the official secondary ticketing partner of FC Bayern Munich.
- viagogo forges the first ever partnership anywhere in the world between a secondary ticketing company and a major record label, Warner Music International.
- viagogo signs the first ever deals in Europe between a musical artist and a secondary ticketing company to conduct VIP charity auctions:
- Linkin Park (to benefit Music For Relief.)
- Peter Gabriel (to benefit The Elders)
- James Blunt (to benefit Medicine Sans Frontieres)
- viagogo partners with Live Nation in the Netherlands to launch the Live Nation viagogo Ticket Exchange. This is the first ever partnership anywhere in the world between a secondary ticketing company and a major concert promoter.
- viagogo launches the first ever secondary ticketing partnerships in rugby, signing official ticket exchange partnerships with London Wasps and Leicester Tigers.
- viagogo conducts a series of first ever European VIP charity auctions:
- First ever industry awards event (MTV European Music Awards, to benefit the Red Cross)
- First ever movie premiere (Blood Diamond, to benefit Amnesty International)
- First ever TV show taping (The Friday Night Project, to benefit Masambiro)
- viagogo launches the first ever fan to fan secondary ticketing exchange in Europe
- For the first time, fans can sell tickets directly to other fans with automated payment and delivery processed.
- viagogo establishes the first ever ticket buyer guarantees in Europe.
- viagogo inks the first ever secondary ticketing deals in Europe with major UK football clubs, signing both Manchester United and Chelsea FC as partners.
- viagogo launches the first ever program in Europe that allows people to sell tickets and direct the proceeds to a charity with the UK based charity Leonard Cheshire.